- Worked in an agile environment which deployed Kanban and XP principles with a heavy focus on TDD.
- Oversaw containerized Ubuntu server clusters and MySQL databases running Apache and Varnish with Docker on AWS EC2 Container Service.
- Consulted on solutions for Amazon Echo integration of programmable Wi-Fi thermostat using AWS Lambda and nodejs.
- Architected solutions for connected thermostat management portal for enterprise clients using nodejs, Express, React, Lusca and Makara/DustJS.
- Developed mobile installation wizard for non-connected thermostats using Angular, jQuery, php and Salesforce.
- Accommodated marketing, UX, support and product teams with changes to product's web presence.
- Facilitated development of performance monitoring software for products in brick and motor stores.
- Integrated payment gateways and order processing with automated third party order fulfillment center.
- Managed consumer facing product web presences and Ecommerce sites.
- Championed a reduction in call volume to the support team for questions regarding Wi-Fi thermostats.
- Evaluated and assessed software needs for development tools, A/B Testing and web services.
- Enhanced continuous integration efforts using git, gulp, Ansible, Jenkins and python.
April 2010 - November 2014
At Listener Approved we created tools and applications for independent artists, producers, promoters, venues, festivals, and other various industry professionals to better bridge the gap between music and technology.
Our core product, Listener Approved, was an open platform that promoted free independent music by empowering independent musicians to better promote themselves, their events, and their works of art. We also put the power of recommendation in the hands of the listeners by completely relying on them to determine the songs and artists they like. Through either up-voting or down-voting a song, listeners have the ability to highlight the new music submitted by any musician that uses the platform, curating the highest rated tracks to the top of the Listener Approved charts for their peers to enjoy.
The Listener Approved team also worked directly with artists, venues, promoters, labels, managers, and agents to develop custom solutions to better suit their technical needs.
- Worked with and managed a team of 10 to create from scratch a horizontally scalable nodejs API with fault tolerant fail-overs (N-tier).
- Developed a handful of frontend applications using jQuery, Underscore and Bootstrap (using Less & SASS for CSS compilation) running on a custom static server written and maintained in nodejs.
- Interfaced with Google (OAuth, YouTube, Storage and Maps), Facebook (OAuth and Graph API), Twitter, Foursqaure and PayPal APIs.
- Utilized both mongodb and MySQL (Amazon RDS) for document (JSON/BSON objects) and relational storage respectively.
- Administered over 15 Ubuntu Server machines all running nodejs using Puppet configuration management software & a custom git CLI running on AWS EC2 as well as within Linode’s VPS cloud.
- Developed prototype mobile applications for Android, iPhone, and Windows Phone using Java, Objective-C and C#.
- Tasked with many other responsibilities including business administration, finance, marketing, human resources etc.
November 2012 - November 2014
PassDefense was a service that offered developers an API to better secure and store their users authentication credentials.
By separating personal information from passwords, PassDefense made it easier for application developers of any background to authenticate and secure their user’s data.
- Worked with and managed a team of 5 developers to create from scratch a horizontally scalable nodejs backend with fault tolerant fail-overs (N-tier)
- Developed frontend applications using jQuery, Underscore and Bootstrap (using Less & SASS for CSS compilation) running on a custom static server written and maintained in nodejs
- Oversaw, managed and maintained public and private OAuth API
- Utilized both mongodb and MySQL (Amazon RDS) for document (JSON/BSON objects) and relational storage respectively
- Administered over 15 Ubuntu Server machines all running nodejs using Puppet configuration management
August 2010 - December 2010
- Facebook Application Development - MilitaryBasebook
- HTML5/CSS3/JS/PHP Development
- Relied on heavy use of the Facebook Graph API
- Database Management - MySQL, phpmyadmin
- Collaborative Project Development – SVN
University of Missouri Division of Information Technology
May 2010 - August 2010
- Campus wide administrator of network devices, resolving issues with a variety of computer systems, workstations, and peripheral hardware
- Provide second-tier support for products and services offered by the combined IT division, support customers by assisting in training and performing hardware and software installations
- Manage remote team of consultants, making certain all employees are on time and all sites are staffed
- Support administrative processes such as teaching and learning, research, service, and economic development
Clark Insurance Agency
March 2006 - May 2008
- Responsible for the strategic development and implementation of cost-effective technology as well as small business solutions designed to improve efficiency, productivity, streamlined operations, and faster access to critical client information
- System Administrator of company network, responsible for configuration and maintenance for a wide array of systems, workstations, and peripheral hardware
- Setup company email server and implemented and deployed new workgroup servers and network firewall filters, providing complete system support and training
- Client Database Management - AMS Systems
- Web Development using Joomla & HTML/CSS